Friday, March 18, 2011

Being Open

I have waited all week for my book club to meet. We read "One Thousand Gifts" by Ann Voskamp. I was hooked on her descriptive, poetically authentic writing style. I was able to fall quickly in step and relate well to her story. Coming from a recovering pessimistic, control-freak, I feel I am quite sensitive to critical spirits. They come from a very dark, isolated place. Is it a "Pollyanna" type attitude that wants deep wounds healed? People who seek spiritual wellness not only want the healing for themselves, but mentally begin to make "lists" of possible candidates for healing, as well. You want to share all you learn and are willing to help however you can. I know I am here. It is an assumption that people who suffer illness want to be well. My healing goes beyond mere restoration. I neither need, nor desire, restoration, I need a root transplant. The idols of entertainment, hobbies and mere busyness need to be plucked at the epicenter, and replaced with Christ and authentic application of His ministry and teachings. I am finding joy in simply exercising faith and becoming spiritually fit. I am open. Open to change and am truly enjoying a heightened sensitivity to all things promoting wellness. I am a spiritual scavenger ready to feast at every opportunity afforded me. For once in my life I am able to ask others to join me at the table, but need to be okay if they decline. All in His time. My eyes, heart, mind and hands are open. Lord, please open my understanding and promote my healing.

2 comments:

  1. You now have a follower! I'm interested in hearing more about your journey. I know you have illuded many times to this difficult place you are walking through, and I have never once asked if you wanted to share that journey with me. Partly because I don't want to appear "nosy" maybe, but please know you can share if your burden gets too heavy to bear. That's what we are called to do, right? Bear one another's burdens. I will have no answers, only a listening ear and hopefully words of encouragement.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Tara for your words of encouragement. And thank you for deciding to follow! I am very new to blogging. I should be posting again very soon.

    ReplyDelete